This idea couldn't be easier. At the same time it is super fun and actually less mess for the kidos! Make your watermelon cakes and dress them however you like. Here is the basic idea:
- 1 small watermelon
- 2 c. cool whip
- Rainbow nonpareils, for garnish
- Using a chef's knife, slice a small portion of the watermelon rind off. Use the flat edge to stabilize the watermelon on a cutting board.
- Slice the watermelon in 2" thick slices.
- Using a 3" biscuit cutter, cut small rounds out of the slices of watermelon.
- Place a dollop of Cool Whip onto each round and sprinkle with nonpareils. Serve.
So easy and so fun. Tell us how you dressed yours below!