Broccolini Pasta Salad
This cool summer salad pops and offers the perfect combo of veggies and pasta mixed with dijon mustard! Why broccolini? This lanky vegetable is a hybrid; first created in 1993, it's a cross between broccoli and Chinese broccoli. It has small florets, long stalks, and a few small leaves — all of which are edible. Compared to the bitter flavor of regular broccoli, Broccolini is more mild, with a sweet, earthy taste.
- Rich source of Vitamin C.
- High in calcium.
- Lowers risk of developing osteoperosis.
- Promotes bone health.
- High in fiber (Promotes Bowel Regularity)
- Helps prevent heart disease.
- May help prevent diabetes.
To make this awesome dish you'll need:
- 1 (16-ounce) box campanelle or other short pasta
- 1 bunch Broccolini, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 6 tbsp. olive oil
- 3 tbsp. white balsamic vinegar
- 1 small shallot, chopped
- 1 small garlic clove, finely grated
- 2 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 pt. cherry tomatoes, halved or quartered if large
- 3/4 c. smoked almonds, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 c. Fresh basil leaves, torn
DIRECTIONS (Serves about 8)
- Cook pasta in boiling salted water according to package directions, adding Broccolini during last minute of cooking. Drain.
- Meanwhile, whisk together oil, vinegar, shallot, garlic, and Dijon in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add pasta mixture, cherry tomatoes, almonds, and basil to vinaigrette; stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper. Chill until ready to serve, up to 1 day.