Butterfly And Grill A Whole Chicken
Purchasing precut chicken breast can be expensive and somewhat questionable. If you can find somewhere that has fresh, organic or farm raised chickens, purchasing a whole chicken can save you money and make you look like a star. Cooking a whole chicken also gives a lot of flavor and options between light and dark meat to please everyone. With this light seasoning, the bones in, and the flavor of the grill, this money saving solution is a winner all around.
Butterflied Chicken Breast On The Grill
You're going top need:
- 1 whole chicken, fresh
- 1 lemon
- 1 T fresh Rosemary
- 1 T Fresh thyme
- 2 tsp Sea Salt
- 2 tsp Pepper, freshly ground
- ½ C Butter, softened
- 1.Preheat and prepare your grill.
- 2.Zest and juice the lemon.
- 3.Add fresh herbs, salt, and pepper to Lemon juice and zest. Mix thoroughly.
- 4.Add herb mixture to butter. Blend completely.
- 5.Prepare your chicken by rinsing under cool water. Remove the spine and break the breastbone so the chicken will lay flat.
- 6.Pack the area between the meat and skin of the chicken with the butter mixture.
- 7.Place on grill breast side up for 10 to 15 minutes. Turn over. Complete cooking breast side down.