Perfect Pork Burgers For Father's Day
We are helping you with two easy recipies that combine to make one amazing meal for Dad or an amazing meals that Dads can make to impress everyone with! We've got our first recipe for the perfect pork burgers in about 30 minutes and an amzing coleslaw recipe that can be made ahead of time. First here is the recipe for the Pork Burgers:
5 slices bacon
1 clove garlic, minced
1 pound ground pork
Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
1/4 teaspoon dried rubbed sage
Freshly ground pepper
4 potato buns, split
Unsalted butter, softened, for spreading
Coleslaw, for topping
- Pulse the bacon and garlic in a food processor until coarsely ground.
- Combine the ground pork, 1 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper and the sage in a large bowl. Add the bacon mixture and gently mix with your hands. Gently form the meat into 4 balls, then lightly press into 4-inch-wide, 1-inch-thick patties. Make a 2-inch-wide indentation in the center of each with your thumb to prevent the burgers from bulging when grilled.
- Preheat a grill to medium high. Season the patties with pepper. Grill, undisturbed, until marked on the bottom, 5 to 6 minutes. Turn and grill until the other side is marked and the patties feel firm, 4 to 6 more minutes. Meanwhile, spread the cut sides of the buns with butter and toast on the grill.
- Serve the patties on the buns; top with coleslaw.
- 6 cups shredded green cabbage
- 2 cups shredded red cabbage
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp whole grain mustard optional
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
US Customary - Metric
- Place the cabbage and carrots in a very large mixing bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk to combine the mayonnaise, apple cider vinegar, mustard if using, salt, and pepper.
- Pour the dressing all over the cabbage, and toss well to combine.
- Let the cole slaw rest in the fridge for at least 30 minutes before serving, then enjoy!
The crisp crunch of the veggies with the vinegary tartness really makes this combination pop!