Ewater Revitalizing Shower Filter Replacement Cartridge
Don't let your shower turn into a gas chamber. Be sure to change the filter every 12 months!
Shower Cartridge Replacement Instructions
- Remove the entire filter system from your shower pipe by turning the chrome swivel connector counter clockwise (or to the left).
- Then remove the shower head by turning the connector counter clockwise (or to the left). Do not remove the filter cartridge while the filter is still attached to the shower pipe, this may cause damage to the filter where it connects to the shower pipe.
- While holding the upper filter housing firmly, remove the lower filter cartridge by turning it to the left, (or counter clockwise). This cartridge may be disposed of with your trash, as it poses no environmental hazards.
- Unwrap the new replacement cartridge and remove the yellow pull tab label and the yellow plastic shipping cap from the top end of the cartridge.
- After making sure that the upper housing O-Ring is still in place, rub a coating of cooking oil on the exposed surface of the O-Ring to ensure a proper seal. Next, install the new lower cartridge by turning it to the right. Tighten firmly by hand; if this lower filter is not tightened firmly it will leak around the seam between the upper filter housing and the cartridge.
- Re-attach the filter system to your shower pipe by turning the chrome swivel collar clockwise (or to the right). Make sure that the connector washer in the chrome swivel connector is still in place.
- Before re-attaching the shower head, flush and activate the filter media into a bucket until water runs clear. Then re-attach the shower head and enjoy.
NOTE: The initial surge of water will be discolored due to carbon fines and will soil your shower stall or tub. You may wish to capture the first one or two gallons of water in a bucket or pitcher. This carbonized water is very beneficial for plants and to the environment and can be discarded in a plant bed or down the drain.
For the initial flushing use cold water. Run water until clear and then turn the water off and then back on again. Repeat this on/off flushing until the initial surge of water is completely clear and free from carbon fines.
After the water has turned clear, adjust the temperature to your normal shower setting. Notice that there is a delay in temperature equalization due to the filter media warm up period. Take this equalization period into account when showering, make slight adjustments and wait 30 seconds for temperature change.
Showing reviews 1-10 of 18 | Next
Posted by Stanley Leimer on Oct 12th 2018
We have used the shower filter for like 10years or longer. Our skin feels a lot cleaner where the soap works better.
Best shower filter on the market
Posted by Eulisis Delgado Jr on Apr 5th 2018
I love my shower filter. It is far the best shower filter on the market. I integrated this with my water softner system. I highly recommend this product.
Posted by Josefa Sutton on Mar 9th 2018
This shower filter did incredible job to get rid of the nasty toxic in the water. My skin and hair are really soft after I replaced my shower head with the filter.
Your hair feels the difference.
Posted by janet on Feb 6th 2018
I know when I am due for a new filter. My hair feels bogged down and lifeless. The water from my town is hard and often smells of bleach,. This filter keeps all the nasty chemicals from my hair and skin. My hair and my skin feel clean, and invigorated. Try it once and you will notice the difference.
Posted by Derek on Jan 29th 2018
Really like it!
Can't do without it!
Posted by Patricia Blankenship on Nov 29th 2017
I have asthma and a sensitivity to chemicals like chlorine. The last thing I need to be inhaling is chlorine laced steam in the shower. This filter takes care of the problem. I've used this filter for several years and couldn't get by without it. Also gives me a good, strong stream of water with good pressure in the shower.
Posted by steph on Nov 8th 2017
I like the product. I have used this for seven years now. It keeps polluctants and other harmful bacteria out of the water because of this carbonized filtration. Its very efficient and works well under normal conditions. I do not like the expense/cost of the filter though.
Posted by Margaret Webster on Oct 21st 2017
We love the filter. Keeps the shower/bathtub cleaner, and skin and hair is softer. But the price is terribly high.
Great shower cartridge for shower filter.
Posted by Arkady Lipshutz on Oct 20th 2017
I like this type of shower filter. I have been using it more then seven years. Thanks for a great device.
Posted by Debbie on Oct 8th 2017
this is the best filter you will ever use - do not waste your money on anything else - they last a very long time - mine lasts approx 18 months ( I live alone - so the only one using it)...excellent customer service..I also use other products from ewater....you never want to get out of the shower!
Showing reviews 1-10 of 18 | Next
Customers also viewed