Grilled Blackberry, Strawberry, Basil & Brie Pizza Crisps
Melty brie and fresh summer berries are made for each other and the crispy grilled pizza dough is like icing on the cake.
You may also bake your pizza crisps in the oven. Just bake the dough for a few minutes first and then top with the toppings.
- 1/2 pound recipe of your favorite pizza dough
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 16 leaves basil chopped + divided
- 8-12 ounces brie sliced
- 1 1/2 cups strawberries chopped
- 3/4 cup blackberries
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
BALSAMIC HONEY GLAZE
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons honey
- Prepare the dough 1-2 hours ahead of time.
- While the dough rises make the honey balsamic glaze. Add the balsamic vinegar and honey to small sauce pan and simmer until reduce by half. This should take about 10 to 15 minutes. Remove from the heat and set aside until ready to use.
- When ready to grill the pizzas preheat the grill the high heat.
- Add the blackberries to a bowl and add about half of the basil. Lightly mash the blackberries with a fork.
- Invert a baking sheet and generously dust with flour.
- Divide the pizza dough in half and roll each half as thin as you can, but make sure not to rip the dough. Cut the dough into 12 to 16 squares or circles. Add the olive oil to a small bowl and brush both sides of the pizza rounds with the olive oil and place on the baking sheet.
- Carefully add half of the pizza rounds to the hot grill and grill for no more the 2 minutes. The dough will bubble up, this is good! Remove the pizzas using tongs and repeat with the remaining pizza rounds. When all the pizzas are grilled, turn the heat on the grill down to medium.
- Top the grilled side of each of the pizzas with slices of brie, but make sure to leave a 1/2 inch boarder around the edges so the brie does not melt all over the grill. Then top with lightly mashed blackberries and the chopped strawberries. Carefully return the pizzas to the grill and grill another 3 to 5 minutes, our until the brie has melted and the pizzas are crisp. Top with the remaining fresh basil and drizzle on the honey balsamic glaze.
- To make the American flag pizza place the the blackberries in the left hand corner of a square pizza crisp and then push the strawberries into the brie in rows. Grill as directed above.
Why did we choose the Himalayan salt lamp to imbune with our nano-tesla harmonic frequencies? We could have used just about anything but, why not improve on something that already provides benefits? The basic premise behind a salt lamp is to help cleanse your indoor air and provide an attractive soothing light in your [...]
One of only 12 worldwide professionals that sit on the prestigious Personal Training Advisory Board for The Cooper Institute based in Dallas TX.Named one of the top three Exercise Physiologists in the World in 2016Name “Most Influential Woman in Health & Fitness 2018” by Global Health & PharmaPresident of D’fine Sculpting & Nutrition LLC with offices in multiple US states. [...]
Join us for a day full of FREE information on health & wellness.eWater Health Emporium is hosting our first health fair and just in time too. Water is a huge issue & we want to educate you with the most up to date information from eWater's water specialist, Collin West.We also have experts speaking on [...]
Many families today look a lot like the picture where everyone, including the children, rely on new technology. Wireless communication, electric infrastructure and devices are hallmarks of modern life. Tools such as laptops, tablets, cellphones or computers for personal enjoyment, communication, school and work activities. The proliferation of these electronic devices in recent years has [...]
Cilantro lime chicken salad + mango avocado salsaThis cilantro lime chicken salad has so much flavor in it with a creamy/sweet mango avocado salsa for an extra summer feel! Char-grilled red pepper (capsicum) slices, crispy romaine lettuce, and the tangy, sweet marinade soaked into tender chicken thighs would complete this salad right there. But, what outshines [...]
Spicy Peach and Avocado SaladCreamy avocados and juicy peaches get a kick of spice thanks to Fresno chiles. Avocados are always the talk of any dish they premier in, but for this one, we're focusing on peaches. Did you know peaches offer a rich treasure of minerals such as calcium, potassium, magnesium, iron, manganese, phosphorous, zinc, [...]
This cool summer salad pops and offers the perfect combo of veggies and pasta mixed with dijon mustard! Why broccolini? This lanky vegetable is a hybrid; first created in 1993, it's a cross between broccoli and Chinese broccoli. It has small florets, long stalks, and a few small leaves — all of which are edible. Compared to [...]
Allergens are all around us, gunning to make us sneeze, our eyes itch and make us feel just plain miserable. At some point during the year, an estimated 50 to 60 million people in the U.S. struggle with allergies. What are the worst seasons for allergies in the U.S.?The answer to that question depends on the person and where they [...]
It is no surprise that our water is filled with disinfectants in order deliver potable water. Water can come from a variety of sources, such as lakes and wells, which can be contaminated with germs that can make people sick. Germs can also contaminate water as it travels through miles of piping to get to [...]