Strawberry and Mint Infused water
Finding the right combination of flavors can really make the right water pop. Our eyes have been conditioned to see certain foods in a particular way and while some colors stimulate the taste buds, others are capable of killing the appetite. Finding the right color combination, can make a simple glass of water the topic of conversation. The best way to beat the well branded and sugar laden sodas at there own game, is to make a presentation nobody can refuse. Now the hard part is making sure that the presentation is easy to achieve and takes very little time. The picture here is of a strawberry and mint infused water. Mint has a very refreshing clean feel to it and is a great appetizer or palate cleanser. It promotes digestion and soothes stomachs in cases of indigestion or inflammation. The timeless flavor of strawberries, an excellent source of antioxidant-promoting vitamin C and manganese, pairs extremely well. They are also a very good source of dietary fiber, iodine, and folate. Both the mint and strawberries are readily available and fairly easy to prepare in an attractive manner. In order to get the best flavor infused in the water, it is best to use a reverse osmosis water or distilled water.Make sure they have not been enhanced with minerals for flavor. That is just a clever way of using cheaper plastic containers. Stay cool and hydrated as we hit the triple digits. Ditch those syrupy sodas and dive into some ultra healthy eye candy. Enjoy.
1. Grab yourself a glass, mason jar, or favorite patio friendly container.
2. Add mint. Trial and error is the best way to find the perfect amount. Add a little, add a lot.
3. Hull and slice some strawberries. You can use a straw to hull (remove the cap) easily.
4. There are two ways you can go from here. You can muddle the strawberries and mint to release their juices for more flavor, or simply pack the glass and let nature take its course adding just a subtle hint of these flavors.
5. Pack with ice (crushed or cubed).
6. Fill with reverse osmosis water for maximum flavor.
7. Wait as little as 5 minutes, or as long as an hour for your water to infuse.